Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful - you betcha!

As the days comes before us - you can sense it all around - the leaves turning golden and fallen on the ground - the breeze that leaves a tingle on your skin - the music that all seems to soon to be the holidays and our sensories going overload on the shopping opportunities.

Yes this is the HOLIDAY season.








This year it has seem to just be in the background for me....Thanksgiving dinner doesn't seem to draw me to excitement, shopping deals are kind of the same and decorating the house seems to be in a distant fog.  I know exactly why this year has come to this point......my focus has been on the Turkey Triathlon, November 27th........it is after Thanksgiving.

My body is tired and so is my mind from the last few months of training in which has also put many things in my life on hold or disregard these past few weeks.  But as we come to recognize Thanksgiving, there is one thing that I haven't lost focus on and that is how blessed and thankful I am each and every day.  I have the Prince of Peace to lean against that gives me the strength to continue to lead my family, support my wife, be a loving husband and enjoy life.  Writing this out today really gives me the perspective when our emotions and energy is nowhere near where it should be.

- I am thankful for God being the rock in my life that doesn't budge
- I am thankful for the job that provides for my loved ones
- I am thankful for my healthy and loving kids
- I am thankful that I am given good health today to do what I love
- I am thankful for my partner for life that respects, adores and sacrifices for me and my family
- I am thankful for my friends as they bring joy and conversation to us
- I am thankful for the family that surrounds us that loves us and supports us


Take the time to write down your own thanks......It will give you a chance to stop for a busy second and reflect what is going on around you!  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment