Monday, January 30, 2012

Massage...oh massage!

It is week three of picking up the pieces and here are the numbers for Jan-22 to Jan-28 (7 days).  Do remember this month is focused on running.
Sun- 5 mi. run
Mon- 5 mi. run
Tues- 4.5 mi. run
Wed - 20 mi. BIKE
Thurs - 14 mi. BIKE, 4.5 mi. run (BRICK)
Friday - 5 mi. run
Saturday - 15 mi. BIKE
Sunday - REST / MASSAGE
Totals: 24 mi. RUN (9:30 pace) / 49 mi. BIKE (18.5 mph avg)

So Sunday we went to a "Jump House" for Bradyn's schoolmate's birthday party.  Kicking off your shoes and chase after your boys is another great workout.  I had to catch my breath a few times climbing over obstacles made for humans shorter then 4'10".  After chasing and tumbling around, I felt my shoulder blade muscles tighten up and was limited in motion.  I realized my whole body was sore...So Jessikah gave me the green light and dropped me off at a place that offered foot massage and body treatment. 

 Rejuvenation Spa in Chino Hills has prices from $15 and up.  I settled for the $30 version and I believe it was worth the money.  And MAN did I forget the power of a good massage during training!  I had a magnificent lady, Ella, that took her time (20 min on both feet up to my kneecap) and hit the right spots.  It hurt a little bit on the pressure points, but oh it was good pain.  Soon after her waking me up from my lost in space feeling, she took me to massage table and quickly she noticed the tight spots without me telling her.  She then worked her way around to help loosen it and she even found a few that I didn't realize was tender!  I left the spa in a daze, not knowing what hit me...I was feeling like a sore loose noodle, but it was a good sore.  After looking at the price list again, I noticed...$15 for 60 min. of foot massage?!? Count me in!


Today I'm feeling looser and seem to be fresh, ready to hit my last week of running focus.  Is it time to treat your body to a refresher?

No comments:

Post a Comment