Sunday, October 30, 2011

Nutrition part 2

One of tools I used in the past was an iPhone app that tracked calorie intake and loss from exercise.  One that is still free and has a lot of fast food items in their internal list is " Lose It "

After a few months of tracking every item that entered my mouth, I was able to understand how many calories I can eat in a day without using the app.  That should be the key; able to make good judgement when ordering or preparing food on your own.  At the beginning, you will be shocked on how fast calories add up from all the little things we munch on beyond the huge meals at the 3 main times!

I haven't tracked in the past 6 months, however I do use it to reference something when I haven't come across it in the past.  Example, is the holidays coming up....had to look up what a slice of pumpkin pie was since I hadn't had any in awhile.

Another item of motivation is weighing myself every morning to ensure I know which direction I am going.  Don't sweat the 2-4 lbs. difference from day to day, but do note when weight is consistently rising.  It's funny and a little scary when my 2 boys weigh themselves and "joke" about if they are healthy.  It is a fine line to show them how to be healthy and enjoy life versus being self conscious.
Happy tracking!

No comments:

Post a Comment