Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Getting off the road - change of pace!

My house can be seen here towards the left!
As I have been doing the specific workouts per month, the road bike has seen little action to avoid the rain/cold.  I was lucky enough to get a 5mi. lunch run in before my 2:00 p.m. sales appointment and then when I got home later on, no one was home yet.  I looked outside and man it looked like it was going to pour any minute.  That meant, I had minutes!  I donned my mountain bike shorts and gear and stomped out to the local mountain trail, 1/2 mile from my front door (me so lucky!).

Very lucky to enjoy this view a
 couple minutes from my door
 The goal was to change it up a bit from the road and still get some leg work in.  It is a 1.5 mi. circuit that has a nice climb in the beginning and then rollers throughout.  The grand finale is a 15% downhill that screams "brakes!".

I was able to squeeze in 3 rounds on the circuit before the rain decided to move in.  I was happy to get on 2 wheels, stay close to home to call it day when it needed to be, and just enjoy the view and nature.  What a great stress reliever to work in!

I want to encourage the thought of ensuing your goals at any given opportunity.  This only took 25 minutes at the end of the day and I burned off about 400 calories (on top of metabolism).

What activities that you squeeze in during the day that are efficient?

No comments:

Post a Comment