Monday, February 13, 2012

K-Swiss Kwicky QT2 - How Cutey is it?

Read enough magazines and you end up drooling over products that seem to make you faster, more comfortable and cool lookin'!

I'm in need of new running shoes and my dear Wife had purchased a set of Nike lightweights with foot pod for my birthday in October.  Knowing my race was coming up in less then a month, changing into new shoes didn't seem the right thing to do.

And they were Nike's.  God bless my Wife for even catering to my likes and I do appreciate the love and effort into them.  But they were Nike's.  Don't get me wrong, I trend to Nike for basketball, baseball and running as they are great brand.  But us triathletes would ideally invest in tri-specific gear.

The KSWISS Kwicky QT2 is a shoe that looks rather abnormal - colors are somewhat clashing - the yellow/green does't have that neon pop that some shoes portray, nor is it muted enough to look tame.   I'm not sure, maybe its my monitor.  Looking at it online I'm sure is different then what is going to be in front of you.


The seamless technology is key as us triathletes usually run without socks.  My current shoe, Asics, does well on the cushion/support side of things, but the lace has a hot spot right at the top of my foot/ankle (I'm using lock laces, part of my problem).

It's nice to see a shoe that moves the tension of the lace to the side away from the compression of the upper foot and ankle.  Its lightweight design is a sure thing to accompany you on those long runs.

Kwicky QT2 goes for $144.00 and is available only in the one color shown. 

What shoe(s) brand/models are you looking for and what needs are you trying to fulfill?

No comments:

Post a Comment