Friday, February 24, 2012

Update on Month-to-Month training per sport

As I had previously posted about focusing on one sport at a time, it has come to a point of looking back and seeing if the results are as what I wanted them to be.

- Started running around Jan 12th - running 10 minute miles around the 4-5 mile distance
- Include at least one interval run a week.
- Kept my HR around 150 bpm and below except during intervals peaks.
- Gradually increase mileage per week.  Week 3-4 saw mile #6.  Week 5 saw mile #7.
- Pace of 7 mile run was 8:40.  I'm sure if I focus on a 5k race now, I can nail 8 min miles
- Even running 7 miles doesn't seem to kill my body like running 4.5 miles before
- week 5 included a 14mi bike that followed up with a 5.5mi run that felt great.  Enough for most sprint distances!
- Desire to run and increase pace has been increasing.  I use to hate running...and now I know why!  By using my HR to show me how to not kill myself on every run, I've been able to build a decent base for me to work on now.  I can see by doing the correct work, I can continue to increase my speed over time.  The hardest thing to do is to increase the speed at a responsible rate that puts added stress to my body's buildup.

Now to work on the bike as I haven't signed up for the gym yet to go swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment